At MuscleShok (the “Company” or “We”), we care about the privacy of your data.
You should read this policy in full, but there are a few key things that we hope you understand and take away from it:
- When you use our website, even if you are just browsing, we receive some personal information about you like the type of device you are using and you IP address. You can choose to share additional information with us like your name, email address, phone number, photo, and stories. We use this information for sending you our newsletter and offers, posting your stories on our website for others to see, and advertising.
- We do not market to, target, ship to, or otherwise knowingly collect information from persons in the European Union or EFTA States. MuscleShok is located solely in the United States of America, which does not provide the same rights as those specified in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- You can contact us if you have questions about this Policy, or how we collect or process your Personal Data.
This Policy may change from time to time and we post any updated privacy policies on our website. Please note that your continued use of this website after any changes means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new policy.
Data We Collect and Receive
When you interact with our website, advertising, and use our applications, we collect data that alone, or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (Personal Data).
Data you Provide
We collect data you provide to us including:
- Your name, phone number, and email address.
- Your photo, stories, and experiences with our products.
Data that you provide to us may be collected through our partners and service providers, such as our web hosting services.
Certain data about the devices you use to connect to our website and your use of our website are automatically logged in our system, including:
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile device (as indicated by an Internet Protocol (IP) address or similar identifier) when interacting with our website.
- Device information. These are data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), and may include unique device identifiers for your devices.
Affiliate and Partner Data
MuscleShok may receive data about website visitors, marketing campaigns, and other matters related to our business from affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combine with other information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific, such as how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Returns are forwarded to MuscleShok by Amazon for processing. As part of return processing we receive certain information such as your address from Amazon to enable us to process your return.
Information Collected from Children
MuscleShok does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Our website, products, and services are directed to persons who are at least 13 years old. If we determine that we have collected personal information from children under the age of 13, we will take reasonable measure to remove that information from our systems. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's Internet usage to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through our website without their permission.
No Rights Under the GDPR
We do not market to, target, ship to, or otherwise knowingly collect information from persons in the European Union or EFTA States. MuscleShok is located solely in the United States of America, which does not provide the same rights as those specified in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How We Use Your DataWe use, process, and store your data as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, in operating our website, offering our products and services, including:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs, respond to your customer service requests, and support your needs.
- To meet customer service needs. Your information, including information received from Amazon in connection wit a return, will be used to provide customer service, as required.
- To share your stories and experiences with others. Stories, photos, and experiences you send to us may be posted on our website and shared with others that visit the website. We have sole discretion when deciding which stories will be shared with others.
- To send periodic emails. You may also choose to receive weekly newsletters, bundle promotions emails, and promotions of other products we believe in. As long as you with to stay on our newsletter, we will store your name and email address.
- To improve our products and offerings. Using analytical platforms, we will map broader analytical trends and patterns, making sure our products align with what our customers need and improve marketing materials.
- To enhance product advertising campaigns. Your information is also used to inform advertising campaigns across a variety or platforms to help improve the accuracy of our delivery.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues, fraud and abuse.
- As required by applicable law, legal process, or regulation.
How We Share and Disclose Your Data
We only disclose Personal Data to third parties when:
- We use service providers who assist us in meeting business operation needs, including hosting and administering our website, delivering, and improving our products. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics.
- If a MuscleShok product is presented in partnership with a business or niche specialist, they may also receive your email address in certain situations (if you sign up for a free video series presented by the specialist, for example), but we will always add a disclosure before you submit your data to allow you to consent with full knowledge in those situations.
- You send us a photo, story, or experience to be shared with others via our website.
- We have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data (if required).
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our website.
- We determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MuscleShok or users of our website, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests.
MuscleShok does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
MuscleShok does not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Data.
Data Storage, Transfer, Retention, and Deletion
Data Storage and Transfers
Data submitted to MuscleShok will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. If you post or transfer any information to us, you are agreeing to such information, including Personal Data and user content, being hosted and accessed in the United States.
Duration of Storage
You can remove your Personal Data from MuscleShok at any time by contacting us. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to make sure that it's treated securely.
Non-sensitive details (your name, email address, etc.) are sent normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
MuscleShok ensures all web compliance standards are met when handling any of your personal data.